This was a hit last week with all of our MealFit folks. This is super easy and our kids ate it up.
Hope you ENJOY
MealFit Italian Mushroom Bake
• 1 1⁄2 lb. regular white mushrooms, stems removed
• 1 lb. Italian sausage
• 14 oz. can of tomatoes
• 1 white onion, diced
• 2 c. spinach
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
• pinch of salt
• Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees and heating up a large skillet.
• Knock out all your chopping and mincing while those come to temp. Also place your cleaned mushrooms (stems removed) in a casserole dish. Greasing is not necessary.
• Add the sausage, onions, garlic and seasonings to a pan and brown.
• So when the sausage and onions are nearly done, add the chopped spinach to the mix. When wilted slightly, add the tomatoes. After simmering for just a few minutes, your sauce should be perfectly seasoned.
• Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes or until the juices are bubbling and the mushrooms have softened.