This is a seasonal recipe because you want to use FRESH Peaches when you make this. It is kinda outside the box with all the different flavors but it was good. Had our friend Sara over for dinner and she is BRUTALLY honest and she loved it. My 2 kids(5 and 2 years old) and her child (3 years old) liked it as well.
If you are new to MealFit you are probably asking…. WHY is he using THIGHS instead of BREASTS?
- Thighs have more FAT and do not dry out as easy.
- They taste better.
- Easier to cook.
- I’m a Leg guy.
The side of creamed spinach is so easy and can also be used as a dip.
Peach & Pineapple Chicken with a POP
Prep Time: 14-17 min
• 3 lbs. chicken thighs, boneless/skinless
• 1 (8-oz) can crushed pineapple in juice
• 1 large orange, juiced
• 1/2 c. raisins
• 1/2 c. sliced almonds
• 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
• Black pepper, to taste
• 1 lb. sliced pureed peaches; fresh, frozen, or canned (if using canned, rinse and drain well)
• In a large skillet, combine chicken, pineapple, orange juice, raisins, almonds, and cinnamon.
• Simmer partly covered for 30 minutes, turning chicken occasionally.
• Add peach puree to pan and stir.
• Simmer uncovered 10 minutes longer, until chicken is tender and sauce is slightly thickened.
• Season with Salt & black pepper to taste.
EASY Creamed Spinach
• salt and pepper
• 3- 10 oz bags of spinach,
• 3 tablespoons butter
• 1/2 medium onion, minced
• 4 garlic cloves, minced
• 4 ounces bar cream cheese, cut into pieces
• 1/2 cup WHOLE milk
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add spinach, and cook just until wilted, about 1 minute. Drain in a colander; rinse with cold water until cool. Squeeze spinach to remove as much liquid as possible; coarsely chop, and set aside.
• In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium. Add onion and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion softens, 3 to 5 minutes.
• Add cream cheese and milk; cook, stirring, until cream cheese is melted and smooth. Stir in spinach. Simmer over medium heat until mixture thickens, 8 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
GREAT meal the whole family will love.