This is an amazing recipe that was created by one of my best friends Chris Howard. Chris it the guy that has Hashimoto’s and is totally changing his life by altering his diet and lifestyle with MealFit. Since starting with MealFit, Chris has lost 61 lbs and is felling better and sleeping better than he has in 10 years. If you want to check out the video series on Chris you can view them on this blog by clicking HERE
Anyway, here is one of the recipes he came up with and it s a favorite here in Cookeville.
Hope you enjoy
• 3 lbs. ground beef
• 1 lb. bacon
• 1 yellow onion
• 3 peppers (yellow, green, orange)
• 1 jalapeno (optional)
• 1 pkg. of taco seasoning
• 1 pkg. ranch mix
• 4 sweet potatoes
• Olive oil
• 1 tsp. salt
• 1 tsp. garlic salt
• 2-3 avocados
• Preheat oven to 450.
• Cut up bacon into pieces & fry.
• Dice all the veggies (shred in food processor if you have one).
• When the bacon is almost done, add the veggies in the pan with the bacon while browning beef in a separate pan.
• Add taco seasoning and ranch mix to ground beef.
• Add bacon and veggies to the ground beef, stir and cover for 5-10 min or so.
• Cut up potatoes into chunks and put in a bowl with a top.
• Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and garlic salt.
• Put the top on the bowl and shake to coat.
• Throw potatoes on a cookie sheet and bake for about 15-18 min.
• Layer potatoes in a bowl them plop some of your meat mixture on top.
• Garnish with ¼ or ½ an avocado for each serving.
Send us your feedback by commenting below.
Have Fit Day!