Bacon, Eggs and Asparagus
So, when I was a kid and we had breakfast at night we thought it was so cool. Not sure why, but we did. So we did it at our house and yes the kids were JACKED! Kids loved the way the eggs were cooked.
This is super easy. Hope you enjoy.
Prep Time: 8-10 min
• 8 slices bacon
• 2 bunches of asparagus (bottom ½ inch trimmed)
• ¼ tsp. ground thyme
• Salt, to taste
• Pepper, to taste
• 8 large eggs
• Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
• In 18 inch by 12 inch rimmed pan, arrange bacon slices in single layer, Roast 8 to 9 minutes or until browned and crisp. Transfer to paper-towel-lined plate; set aside.
• Add asparagus to pan in single layer. Roll in bacon fat until evenly coated. Arrange in tight single layer, with bottoms of spears touching one long side of pan. Sprinkle thyme and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper on asparagus. Roast 8 to 10 minutes or until asparagus spears are tender and browned.
• Carefully crack eggs, without breaking yolks, directly onto asparagus spears, staggering if necessary and spacing 1/4 inch apart.
• Carefully return pan to oven. Roast 5 to 6 minutes or until whites are just set and yolks are still runny. Sprinkle 1/8 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper on eggs.
• To serve, use wide spatula to transfer to serving plates.
Some wait time but hardly any prep.
Post a comment and let me know what you think.