I have been getting Crushed with people asking me to give this recipe out.
So here ya go!!
This thing was easy. Kids and Jackie both killed it.
It gives you that “Pizza Fix” without all the bad crust. (You know what that “Pizza Fix” is)
• 10 oz. of pre-sliced pepperoni
• ½ lb. ground Italian sausage
• 1 lb Smoked Sausage
• 1 zucchini
• 1 yellow squash
• 1-2 c. sliced mushrooms
• 2 c. fresh spinach
• 1 large onion
• Optional: black olives and banana peppers
• Spices: 1 tbsp. each of Italian seasoning and garlic powder
• Optional: 1 c. pasta or pizza sauce
• Mozzarella to top
• Brown the sausage until cooked over medium high heat in a large skillet
• While cooking, peel and dice the zucchini and onion and slice the mushrooms if not pre-sliced.
• Remove sausage from pan and add vegetables. Sauté until starting to get tender.
• At this point, add the sausage back in. Separate pepperoni slices and add.
• Add spinach and black olives, banana peppers or very thinly sliced fresh peppers if using.
• Cook until all are heated and spinach is wilted. Spice to taste
• When cooked, top with pasta/pizza sauce (heat if necessary) and cheese (if using)