I stumbled upon this last weekend while searching for something new to do with Asparagus. I thought “I could wrap it in bacon…..” Been there…..done that.
What about Ham?????? Nice
What about Ham and Cheese????? NICER
So, I set this before the family (Jackie, Johnna 5, & Teagen 2) and they demolished it. It was as if it were laced with a combination of trail mix and grape kool aid. They could not stop eating it.
As I looked down at it I thought to myself, this would be an amazing appetizer at out next gathering. Good alternative to chips and salsa or bean dip.
So here ya go. I did a video so that you could see exactly how we did it.
Ham and Cheese Asparagus Appetizer
Prep Time : 8-10 min
Serves 3-4 (For dinner)
• 2 bunches of asparagus
• 10-12 slices of ham
• 10-12 slices of cheese
• Olive oil
• Salt, to taste
• Set oven to 400.
• Cut off the bottom 1½ inches of the asparagus and discard.
• Drizzle olive oil on the asparagus and lightly salt it.
• Place a piece of ham out flat and place the slice of cheese on top of the ham.
• Place 3-4 asparagus on the cheese and roll the ham/ cheese around the asparagus.
• Place on a foil lined baking pan.
• Cover the pan with foil and bake for 15 min. If you don’t the Ham will CHAR.
• Take off Foil and BROIL for 5 min
Love to see your pictures of your creations.