This was one that I was not sure about. I made it during the day then had to go to work. Jackie got into it before I got home and talked about how good it was. Must be good if she liked it (She is My Biggest Critic) It was a close 1, 2 this week with this and the Sausage dish.
It’s delicious. Try it and get a healthful flavor boost from sweet potatoes.
Prep Time: 15 min
• 2 lbs. ground beef
• 1 onion
• 1 – 10oz. bag of spinach
• 2 tsp. salt
• 2 tsp. garlic salt
• 5 medium-sized sweet potatoes, peeled & diced
• 1 -16oz bag of frozen mixed veggies
• Seasonings, to taste
• 3-4 tbsp. butter
• Cream cheese to top (optional)
• Brown meat, onion, and spinach in large skillet and season with ½ the salt and ½ the garlic salt. When cooked, set aside.
• Pour mixed veggies in the skillet to heat on low heat.
• For sweet potatoes: boil about 10 minutes in large pot of water until soft.
• Mash sweet potatoes with butter and sea salt until smooth.
• Mixed veggies should be cooked by now.
• Mix the meat, onions mixed veggies, and the rest of the salt and garlic salt and put in bottom of 9×13 baking dish.
• Spread mashed sweet potato mixture over it until smooth.
• Bake at 350 for approximately 30 minutes.
• When done, top with a small dollop of cream cheese (optional).
Make this and Tag me in a picture on Social Media.