Perfectly cooked pork chops are a thing of beauty! Easy dish for Pork Chops. Side dish is legit.
Here is a Video about how to do it. I did this one for all the MealFit READY people this week. Jackie is not a fan of Pork Chops so she said I was making a mistake by cooking it for the MealFit READY people, but they talked about it a ton on Social Media when they got it on Monday night. Its the real deal.
Prep Time: 16-20 min
- 4 pork chops
- 1/2 head of white cabbage + 3-4 whole cabbage leaves
- 1 large onion
- 1 large apple
- 1 handful of raisins (about 1/4 c.)
- 1 tbsp. Papa Tony’s
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. dried cumin
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- Olive oil, for cooking
- Salt and fresh pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Generously season the pork chops on both sides with salt, Papa Tony’s, garlic salt, paprika, garlic powder. Lightly rub the seasonings in with your hands.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on high heat and brown the pork chops for 2 minutes on one side until you get a nice golden crust. Turn over with tongs and brown for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from the skillet and reserve on a plate.
- Chop the onions & apples. Heat more oil in the same skillet where you browned the pork chops and sauté the onions and apples with the cumin for 5 minutes until the apple begins to soften.
- Wash the cabbage; detach 3-4 whole leaves (as many leaves as there are pork chops) and reserve. Cut the cabbage in half and slice one of the halves into thin strips (reserve the other half for another time). Add the cabbage strips to the pan, sauté for a few minutes to combine with the apples and onions, then add the broth and scrape the brown bits stuck at the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Transfer the cooked contents of the skillet to a large baking dish, tuck two bay leaves in the cabbage and sprinkle with raisins. Add the pork chops on top and cover each one with a cabbage leaf, tucking the edges of the leaf under the pork chop and into the dish.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and cook for 60 min at 350. The meat will be extra tender.
Have a nice day!