Sweet and Spicy Meatballs were part of MealFit Ready this week and there were RAVE reviews. Jackie came by when I was cooking them and LOVED them. She went on and on about how good they were.
Delicious and easy dish that you can make for your family. Enjoy this recipe.
Prep Time: 15-20 min
• 1/2 lb. of ground beef
• 1/2 lb. of ground pork
• 2 tbsp. of butter
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 2 tbsp. of soy sauce
• 3 tbsp. of raw honey
• 1 tbsp. of finely minced chipotle in adobo peppers
• 1 bunch of asparagus
• Olive oil
• 1 head of broccoli, rinsed and cut into bite-size pieces
• 6 to 8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled,
• 8 oz. cheddar cheese, cut into very small chunks
• ½ c. red onion, chopped finely
• ½ c. raisins or dried cranberries
• ½ c. halved cherry tomatoes (optional)
• 1 c. mayonnaise
• 2 tbsp. white vinegar
• ¼ c. honey
• Pinch of salt and pepper
• Mix together beef and pork, add salt and pepper.
• Make into tablespoon size meatballs.
• In large skillet over medium heat cook the meatballs until browned and cooked through.
• Remove meatballs and add in soy sauce honey and chipotle and bring to a bubble.
• Add back in the meatballs and toss till sauce is thickened and meatballs are well coated.
• Once you have cut the broccoli, cheese, onion and bacon into small bite-size pieces, mix them all together with raisins or cranberries in a large bowl.
• In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, honey and vinegar until well combined. If using tomatoes, add to dressing mixture.
• Pour dressing over vegetable and cheese mixture and stir together.
Shoot me an email or comment if you have some questions.