Cincinnati Chili Dog Bowl is great. There is a different spin on the ingredients since it is inspired from the famous “Skyline Chili” in Cincinnati.
The chili is sort of a Cincinnati-inspired chili, with somewhat deep, complex flavors. This dish has all the familiar flavors of a chili dog. It’s a great chili to try-especially if you’re a chili dog fan. Much easier to eat when served in a bowl. VIDEO FOR THAT AS WELL.
Prep Time: 15-17 min
*THINK SKYLINE CHILI!
• 1 lb. smoked sausage
• 1 tbsp. coconut oil
• 1 lb. ground beef
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 2/3 c. beef broth
• 1/3 c. tomato paste
• 2 tsp. cacao powder (if you can’t find it use cocoa powder)
• 2 tsp. chili powder
• 1 tsp. cumin
• 1 tsp. salt
• 1/2 tsp. black pepper
• 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
• Heat coconut oil and begin to brown ground beef in a skillet or pot. When halfway browned, add garlic and 1/2 to 3/4 of the chopped onion and
cook until beef is fully browned.
• Add cacao (or cocoa), chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, cinnamon and tomato paste and broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10
minutes, until chili is thickened.
• As the chili simmers, oil in a skillet over medium high heat, cut sausage into bite-size pieces and cook until heated through, about 5-7 minutes.
• Place sausage in individual bowls and top with chili, remaining chopped onion and any other desired toppings.
Shoot me an email or comment if you have some questions.