Some of you just really like sweet potatoes, and that is just as noble. The hungry man is just a catchy title, and I fully expect the ladies to make this big batch of goodness as well. This recipe yields a lot of food, all at one time, eat it or freeze it, you know you need it.
Great meals for a large group. This dish also keeps in the fridge well, so you may want to make it early in the week.
Prep Time: 13-16 min
• 2 lbs. ground beef
• 1/2 lb. bacon
• 8 eggs
• 4 large sweet potatoes
• 1 large white onion
• 1 large red onion
• Cayenne pepper, to taste
• Paprika, to taste
• Garlic powder, to taste
• Black pepper, to taste
• Oregano, to taste
• Slice sweet potatoes into slices like chips.
• Dice your bacon finely and brown it in a pan into crisp pieces. Remove from the pan and set it aside for later.
• Dice your onions into large chunks and add to your pan along with your ground beef. Make sure you use a deep skillet or pan big enough to brown 2 pounds of beef and 2 onions.
• Season your beef as you wish. I used a generous amount of cayenne, paprika, black pepper, garlic powder, and oregano.
• Beat your 8 eggs in a bowl, blender, or food processor. Add some cayenne and paprika to your egg mixture if you wish.
• Grease your crockpot with some coconut oil and line the bottom with slices of sweet potato.
• Spoon in a layer of your seasoned beef onto the sweet potatoes then sprinkle some of your crisped bacon pieces on top of the beef.
• Repeat the layering evenly until you use up your supplies.
• Once you have finished layering, pour your egg mixture over the top. Cook on low for 6 hours.
Have a nice weekend!