Turkey Recipes are perfect for cooking for family and entertaining.
Perfect Thanksgiving turkey recipe. Easy way to do a turkey. I know everyone wants to fry one these days but this is a simple and easy way to make your turkey for your family. Delicious turkey recipe, perfect for any time of day or any meal. I hope you like it.
Prep Time: 10-15 min
• 12 – 14 lb. turkey
• 1/2 c. butter (1 stick), softened
• 2 tbsp. fresh sage, minced
• 2 tbsp. fresh garlic, minced
• 1 tbsp. kosher salt
• 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
• 1 lemon, quartered
• 2 small apples, quartered
• Preheat your oven to 400 degrees (F) and adjust your racks to fit the turkey into it.
• Remove the neck and giblets from the turkey and rinse the bird inside and out. Pat dry.
• Combine the softened butter, sage, garlic, salt in a small bowl, mixing well to combine.
• Starting from the back of the bird, slide your fingers between the skin and breast meat, opening a cavity that extends all the way to the front and along the sides of the breast. Push the flavored butter under the skin, covering all of the meat. Do the same with the tops of the drumsticks, being careful not to pierce the skin. Then rub the remaining butter over the rest of the skin of the turkey, top and bottom.
• Stuff the quartered lemons and apples into the cavity of the bird. If they don’t all fit, throw the rest into your roasting pan.
• Place the bird UPSIDE DOWN into the roasting pan – this protects the breast and keeps it from drying out. Roast at 400 degrees for one hour.
• Remove from the oven and turn over carefully. Roast right side up for another hour. Test with a meat thermometer for 165 degrees at the thickest part of the thigh. If not quite there, give it another 15 minutes and test it again. Remove from the oven and let it rest – preferably for an hour if you can.
Shoot me an email or comment if you have some questions.