The Sausage and onion stuffing is the best thing on the menu this week. We did it for all of our MealFit READY people this week and they loved it.
This grilled chicken not only has a down-home country flavor. It’s attractive as well. Friends and family are always impressed when I put this on the table.
Prep Time: Chicken 3 min ; Side 17 min
*BEST DISH we have made in a while. WE LOVED THIS!
My 3-year old ate all of his then started taking it off my 6-year old’s plate.
• 5-7 boneless skinless chicken thighs
• 2 c. of white vinegar
• 1 c. of olive oil
• 1 c. of soy sauce
• ¼ c. of lemon juice (less if you do not like lemon flavor)
• 1 ½ tbsp. garlic powder
• 1 tbsp. Tony Chachere’s seasoning
• 1 tbsp. of garlic salt
• 1 lb. ground pork sausage
• 2 yellow onions, sliced
• 1 sweet potato
• 1 container of mushrooms, roughly chopped
• 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
• 1 c. pecans, chopped
• 2 eggs, beaten
• ⅓ c. chicken broth
• 1 tbsp. ground thyme
• 2 tbsp. butter or coconut oil
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• Take all the ingredients except the chicken and mix in a bowl with a whisk or fork and get them combined really well.
• Put chicken in the bowl.
• You can let it marinate for as little a 15 min or up to all day.
• Turn on grill to MED HIGH.
• When grill is hot, place chicken on grill and cook for 3 min.
• Flip chicken every 3 min till done.
• Every time you flip the chicken put it back in the marinade.
• (No worries. You will not get sick because you dip it back in the mixture).
• Depending on how hot your grill is you will cook it about 12 min.
• DO NOT OVER COOK IT.
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
• Cover a baking sheet with foil, throw diced sweet potatoes on it, sprinkle with olive oil and salt and pepper. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender, then set aside.
• While those cook, pull out a large skillet, place it under medium-high heat and place a tablespoon of butter along your minced garlic clove and your mushrooms and onions in it to begin to cook down. Add a bit of salt and pepper and cook until soft.
• When your mushrooms and onions are done cooking, add your pork sausage to the hot mushroom pan. Use a wooden spoon to break up sausage and cook until almost cooked through.
• Once the sausage is all done, set aside to cool.
• One sausage is cool, beat your eggs, add to your sausage mixture, and add your chicken broth and vinegar, along with your sweet potatoes, pecans, and chopped herbs. Mix well.
• Place in a 9×13 baking dish. Bake at 375 degrees for about 10-15 minutes.
Please let me know how this turns out, I love seeing your pics on social media.