Pistachio Crusted Chicken with cheesy Spinach has a great flavor. You will not have to salt this chicken. Healthy pistachio nuts cover the chicken to give it a crunchy coating.
TIP: If you do not want to peel that many Pistachios, spend a little more and buy the bag that has them already peeled. Took Johnna and I 30 min to shell all the nuts.
This recipe is so easy, and very elegant. Anyone can make it, and everyone will enjoy it!
Prep Time: 15-18 min
• 2 lbs. boneless/skinless chicken breasts
• 1/3 c. olive oil
• 1 c. finely chopped shelled pistachio nuts
• 1/2 tsp. black pepper
• 2 medium onions, slivered
• 2 tbsp. butter
• 2 10 oz. bag of fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 6 oz. shredded Italian blend cheese
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Trim the chicken breasts.
• In a small bowl or bag, combine the pistachio nuts and pepper. Brush the chicken breasts with olive oil, then roll them (or shake them if in a bag) in the nut mixture to cover both sides of the chicken.
• Place the chicken breasts in a greased 9×13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes, or until juices run clear and chicken is baked through. Set the time for 25 minutes, then add more time if necessary, so the chicken does not dry out.
• Cut up and sauté onions in a skillet with ½ the butter
• Wait 3-4 min and add the spinach, salt, pepper, cheese and the other ½ of the butter.
• Cook till spinach is wilted and cheese is melted.
Post your questions or comments below.