This Paleo Sweet and Sticky BBQ Chicken Recipe is juicy chicken smothered in sweet BBQ sauce and sticky maple syrup for a finger licking meal.
Garlic Mashed Cauliflower, on the other hand, is creamy and comforting, but low in both carbs and calories. Easy and healthy. One of the easiest cauliflower dishes to prepare.
We did a video for both. This is more of a sweet BBQ taste than a smokey. This was the other MealFit Ready dish of this week.
Prep Time: 15 min
• 4 oz. tomato paste
• 1 tbsp. olive oil
• 2 tsp. chopped garlic
• ⅛ tsp. cumin
• ½ tsp. chili powder
• ½ tsp. ground mustard
• ⅓ c. 100% juice pineapple concentrate
• ⅓ c. pure maple syrup
• ¼ c. apple cider vinegar
• 1 tsp. salt
• 12 chicken legs or skinless boneless thighs
• 1 medium cauliflower
• 4 oz. cream cheese
• 3 tbsp. butter
• 2 tsp. garlic salt
• 1 tsp. Italian seasoning (optional)
• Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
• Heat the olive oil on medium heat in a saucepan. Add the garlic, cumin, chili powder, and ground mustard to the oil and sauté for 30 seconds.
• Add the pineapple concentrate, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, tomato paste, and salt to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and let the sauce cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
• Place the chicken in a 9×13 baking dish. Pour the sauce over the chicken, making sure all surfaces are coated. Bake on the center rack of preheated oven for 90-105 minutes, or until chicken is very tender.
• Bring a pot of water to a boil.
• Cut the cauliflower into small florets and add to the boiling water for 10 minutes or until it’s soft when you poke with a fork.
• Drain the cauliflower and place back in the pot for 2-3 minutes. I used a food processor to blend up the cauliflower, cream cheese, butter, garlic and seasoning until it was smooth and creamy.
• Stir and top with shredded cheese before serving.
Shoot me an email or comment if you have some questions.
Paleo Sweet & Sticky BBQ Chicken Video:
Garlic Mashed Cauliflower Video: