Oven Roasted Fall Goodness is one of my favorite dishes. This is one that everyone loves.
I could go on and on about the deliciousness you will taste, but I’m sure by now you just want to try it for yourself. Go ahead, try it tonight and make your belly very, very happy. Did a VIDEO on how to make it.
Prep Time: 10 min
*This is pretty addicting.
You may want to double this recipe.
- 1 medium red onion
- 1½ lbs. (2 small or 1 large) sweet potato
- 2 medium apples (peeled)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried sage
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- ½ tsp. salt
- Freshly cracked pepper (10-15 cranks of a mill)
- 4-5 links Italian sausage
- Handful fresh parsley (optional/garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the apples and onion into one-inch chunks. Peel the sweet potato and cut it into one-inch chunks as well. Place the chopped apples, onions, and sweet potatoes in a large 9×13 inch casserole dish. Add the olive oil, basil, sage, rosemary, salt, and some freshly cracked pepper. Toss until everything is well coated in oil and herbs.
- Nestle the sausage down into the casserole dish. Transfer the casserole dish to the preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Stir once and flip the sausage at the 25-minute mark.
- After removing the dish from the oven, slice the sausage into thin medallions and add it back to the dish. Sprinkle with chopped, fresh parsley if desired.
Shoot me an email or comment if you have some questions