Chorizo and Sweet Potato Enchiladas is an all time favorite.
These Chorizo and Sweet Potato Enchiladas are pretty freaking amazing. They’ve got that whole spicy, sweet, cheesy, comforting thing going on. Wonderful, complex flavors that mingle together so well! It requires very few ingredients and seemed very easy and delicious.
Try this at home and let me know how this turns out for you guys.
Prep Time: 14-17 min
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lb. chorizo
- 8 taco size tortillas
- 1 (15 oz.) can enchilada sauce
- 1½ c. shredded cheese
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into a half inch cubes. Remove the stem and seeds from the pepper and also dice into half inch pieces. Mince the garlic.
- In a large skillet, cook the sweet potato, pepper and garlic in olive oil, over medium heat until they begin to soften (about 10 minutes).
- Squeeze the chorizo out of it’s casing into the skillet. Break up the meat and cook until thoroughly browned (about 5 minutes).
- Spray a large casserole dish with non-stick spray and preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Scoop about ¾ cup of the chorizo sweet potato filling into each tortilla. Fold in the ends and then roll the tortilla up around the filling.
- Place the filled and rolled tortillas in the baking dish. They should fill the dish and fit tightly against each other to prevent unrolling.
- Pour the enchilada sauce over the rolled tortillas and top with shredded cheese. Bake in the oven until the edges begin to bubble (about 20 minutes).
- Serve hot.
Shoot me an email or comment if you have some questions. Have a nice weekend!