I think it’s time for a twist on the classic loaded baked potato. Meet your new best stuffed dinner buddy, the Crockpot Pulled Pork Sweet Potato! Pulled pork is delicious, and there’s nothing wrong with just eating it straight off the plate (or straight out of the oven.
This is a favorite in our home. Jackie (Wife) devours it every time I make it. Real easy.
The tenderloin recipe is traditionally done with coke but I adapted it with apple juice and club soda.
Prep Time: 12-14 min
- 1 ½ lbs. pork loin
- 1/4 c. chili powder
- 2 tbsp. garlic salt
- 3 c. apple juice
- 3 c. club soda
- 5 large sweet potatoes
- 3 avocados
- Sugar-free BBQ sauce
- Season entire pork loin with garlic salt and chili powder. Pour 1 c. of apple juice and 1 c. of club soda in the bottom of the crockpot and add the pork loin. Add the rest of the apple juice and club soda to just cover the pork loin. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Place potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl with 1 c. of water. Place a plate on top and microwave for about 15-18 min.
- Remove pork from crockpot and discard almost all of the liquid leaving just a tbsp. or two of juice behind to help moisten the pork.
- Place the pork back into the crockpot and then use two large forks to shred the meat. Leave slow cooker on low, or warm, to keep things hot until you are ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, cut a slit in the sweet potato, lengthwise. Grab the potato from both ends and press together to open the sweet potato up. Fill each sweet potato with a generous helping of pulled pork and top with a small drizzle of sugar-free BBQ sauce.
- Divide 3 avocados between the 5 servings.
- Serve immediately!
Shoot me an email or comment if you have any questions!