Sweet Potatoes with the Almond encrusted chicken is a Crock Pot Side. Make sure you do it that morning of. GREAT DISH. MealFit Ready People loved it.
Coconut flakes and almonds come together to make the crusty coating on this delicious chicken.I definitely do enjoy this classic comfort food.
Here is a Video that explains how to make the chicken.
Prep Time: 15-18 min
• 6 boneless/skinless chicken thighs
• 1 c. almonds
• 1 c. coconut flakes
• ½ tsp. salt
• 4 tbsp. coconut oil
• 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
• 3 c. frozen or fresh mango, diced
• 1/4 c. coconut flakes
• Balsamic vinegar
• Sea salt, to taste
• Preheat oven on 350.
• Combine the almonds with the coconut flakes and the salt in a food processor and pulse
till a coarse consistency. Put in a bowl.
• In another bowl, melt ½ the coconut oil.
• Heat the rest of the coconut oil on the stove in a medium sauté pan.
• In the meantime, dip the chicken into the oil bowl (to moisten it), and then into the
almond/coconut mixture bowl (you will have to press the mixture into the chicken, and
then pile it on top when you put it on the stove).
• Sauté in coconut oil for 3 min on each side, covered.
• Bake for 10-15 min on 350.
• Add the sweet potatoes and mango to your crockpot along with 1/4 c. of water.
• Cook on low for 6 hours.
• Drain off the water. Add a dash of balsamic vinegar and toss.
• Serve topped with the coconut flakes and salt.
Post your questions or comments below.