Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken. Did this for MealFit READY this week and it got some good reviews.This is a fantastic recipe if you want to impress someone then try it today, even if you’re not that great at cooking!
You can use Boneless Skinless thighs if you want instead of breast. Did a video to walk you through it.
Prep Time: 15 min
• 4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
• 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced into 8 slices
• 1 12 oz. jar of roasted red peppers sliced into 1 inch pieces (about two whole red peppers if you roast your own)
• 1 bunch of basil, whole leaves
• 1/4 c. fresh grated Parmesan
• 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 10 oz. bag of spinach
• 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
• 2 red bell peppers sliced or diced, your preference
• 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tsp. lemon juice
• 1⁄2 tsp. oregano
• 1⁄2 tsp. garlic salt
• 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9×12 casserole dish.
• Butterfly chicken breasts by slicing into the long side of the breast, stopping just about ¼ of an inch from the opposite side.
• Lay chicken breast in casserole dish opened up. Sprinkle the exposed insides of the chicken breast with 1/2 of the Italian seasoning & salt & pepper. Stack the roasted red pepper, basil, and 1 slice of the mozzarella on the bottom side of the chicken. Fold the top flap of the chicken over, tucking in the mozzarella, basil and roasted red pepper as necessary. Sprinkle with the remaining Italian seasoning.
• Bake chicken for 30-40 minutes (until chicken is no longer pink).
• Pull chicken out of oven and turn the oven to a high broil. Top chicken with remaining mozzarella slices and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
• Broil until cheese is browned and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
• Mix the spinach, tomatoes, and bell peppers all together.
• Mix the rest of the ingredients in a separate bowl and beat with a whisk.
• Pour dressing over the salad when ready to eat.
Post your questions or comments below