This is one of those meals where people smile when they see it and close their eyes in ecstasy when they taste it. Love making this for people.
• 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
• 3 eggs
• ¼ c. almond flour
• 1 tsp. dried basil
• 1 tsp. garlic powder
• 1 medium onion
• 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 5-6 sweet potatoes
• ¼ c. butter
• 1 tsp. salt
• Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
• Finely dice the onion or puree in a blender or food processor.
• In a large bowl, combine the meat, eggs, flour, basil, garlic powder, pureed onion, Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper and mix by hand until incorporated.
• Grease a muffin tin with coconut oil or butter and evenly divide the mixture into the muffin tins to make 2-3 meat “muffins” per person. If you don’t have a muffin tin, you can just press the mixture into the bottom of an 8×8 or 9×13 baking dish.
• For sweet potatoes: if they are small enough, you can put them into the oven at the same time, if not you can peel, cube and boil them until soft.
• When meat is almost done, make sure sweet potatoes are cooked by whichever method you prefer, and drain the water if you boiled them.
• Mix with butter and salt or pepper if desired and mash by hand or with a blender.
• Remove meat “muffins” from the oven when they are cooked through and remove from tin. Top each with a dollop of the mashed sweet potatoes to make it look like a cupcake.
Post a picture when you make it and tag us in one of our social media platforms.
If you are enjoying our posts and recipes we would love for you to SUBSCRIBE to our BLOG. We promise not to SPAM you.