We have a great new shack that is different from a traditional peanut butter energy bite. This version has no peanut butter and has a hint of lemon to wake up your senses when you are on the go. This has become then new favorite snack around our home. Hope you enjoy!
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 6 tbsp quick oats or gluten-free quick oats
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 6-in by 2-in lemon zest slice
- Process the oats in a food processor, then add all other ingredients and process very well.
- Process until no big pieces of lemon zest remain. It should form fine crumbles. If it’s too crumbly to form a dough, you can add up to 2 tsp water and process again.
- Transfer the crumbles into a plastic bag and smush into a ball.
- Break off pieces and roll into mini balls (or shape into bars if you’d prefer).
- Store at room temperature for a few days, or refrigerate or freeze a few weeks.
Question: What is your favorite grab and go snack?
Click here to subscribe to our blog. No Spam just tasty recipes and great information.