This looks really hard but it is not.
Thanks to trial and error we got this thing nailed down pretty good. Tons of rave reviews for this.
Hope you enjoy.
Prep Time: 14-18 min
- 8 thin slices sirloin or flank steak
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced into thin strips
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced into thin strips
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into thin strips
- 2 carrots sliced thin
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 c. dark balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. dry red wine
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/4 c. beef broth
- Rub each side of the steak slices with a little olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat one tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook the vegetables until crisp-tender, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Take out veggies and brown ONLY 1 SIDE OF YOUR STEAK.
- Place a few of the vegetable strips vertically on one end of each steak cutlet. Place the raw side down & roll so that once rolled up the end of the vegetables are sticking out of each end of the steak roll. Roll it up, and secure it with a toothpick. Repeat for each steak roll. You will have extra veggies. Use them as your side dish.
- Use the same pan you cooked the veggies in. Add some butter and cook for 2 minutes or according to desired doneness. Serve immediately drizzled with the rosemary balsamic glaze.
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for one minute, until fragrant.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, red wine, brown sugar and the rosemary sprigs and bring to a rapid boil. Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, return to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Discard the rosemary sprigs.
PLEASE Tag us in Social Media if you make this and post it.