Check out this awesome recipe for Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole. Everyone loved this on MealFit READY last week and here is your chance to make it at home!
Do you want great food like this delivered to your door? Click here for more info on MealFit READY and to sign up.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb. chicken breast, trimmed of fat and cubed
- 3 tbsp. butter, salted
- 1 large head cauliflower, cleaned and trimmed
- ½ c. chicken broth
- 12 oz. ham, diced
- 4 oz. onion, chopped
- 3 oz. mushrooms, chopped
- 1 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. Parmesan cheese, grated/divided
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 3.5 oz. Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 tsp. tarragon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, brown chicken in 3 tbsp. butter.
- Once chicken is browned on both sides, add ham, onion and mushrooms to pan. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking until onions are translucent and soft.
- At the same time, boil the head of cauliflower (whole) in chicken broth, in a covered pot over high heat. Boil until cauliflower is fork tender. Drain chicken broth & leave cauliflower in hot pot.
- This will allow some of the excess moisture to evaporate.
- Once nearly all of the liquid is evaporated, fork mash the cauliflower.
- In medium saucepan, combine heavy cream, ½ cup Parmesan cheese, sour cream, Swiss cheese, tarragon and salt & pepper.
- Bring to a small boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to low and simmer – about 10 minutes.
- Stir frequently.
- In a 3 quart 9 x 9casserole dish, combine cauliflower, meat mixture and sauce. Once all the ingredients are well incorporated, cover the top with remaining Swiss cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
We know you and your family will love this dish! Please let us know by commenting below and posting your pictures on social media… remember to always tag us #mealfit. We love to get your feedback!
Click here to subscribe to our blog for other great recipes and great articles!