Here is another great recipe that you are sure to enjoy. We made this last week on MealFit READY and it was a huge hit! Give it a shot and be sure to let us know what you think.
- 2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 c. of honey
- 1/2 c. of soy sauce
- 1/4 c. ketchup
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. diced onion
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 c. unsweetened applesauce
- Generous pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp. butter, optional
- Place the chicken thighs in the crockpot insert and sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, ketchup, oil, garlic, onion, and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine well. Pour over the chicken in the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 4 hours or high for2 1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Roast the sweet potatoes for about an hour. Let them cool.
- Peel the skins off the sweet potatoes. Combine with the applesauce, salt and butter in a large bowl and mash with a hand masher until it’s to your desired consistency.
Please let us know what you think of this awesome dish! Share your photos on social media and be sure to tag us @mealfit and #mealfit
Click Here to sign up for the MealFit Blog to get other great recipes just like this one!