Last week we told you how to make the best sweet potato noodles. Did you miss the blog post about the noodles? Click here to check it out! Here is your chance to make MealFit Spaghetti Sauce to go with your noodles. We bet you are going to love this dish and it will become a go to recipe!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ lb Ground beef
- black pepper
- 2 cups finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 (28-ounce) can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 small (5 oz) can tomato paste
- 4 cups beef broth or water
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonreactive saucepan, over medium heat, add the oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the meat. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- When the oil is hot, add the meat and brown for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the onions, celery, and carrots. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the garlic and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Whisk the tomato paste with the stock and add to the pot.
- Add the thyme, bay leaves, oregano, basil and red pepper. Mix well. Bring the liquid to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and simmer for about 2 hours.
- Stir occasionally and add more liquid if needed. During the last 30 minutes or cooking, re-season with salt and pepper and stir in the cheese. Remove from the heat and let sit for 15 minutes before serving.
Did you give this a shot and love it? We knew you would! Remember to share your dish pictures on Facebook and twitter. Do not forget to tag us @MealFit and #mealfit
Click here to get other great articled and recipes just like this one!