Check out this great twist to a traditional steak that we know you will love! This perfectly flavored steak is paired with peppers, onions, and a yummy sauce.
Prep time: 12-14 minutes
- 6 (5-6 ounce) steaks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced into ¼ inch thick rings
- 1 of each: Large green, red, orange, and yellow bell pepper, washed, cored and sliced into ¼ inch thick rings
- 1 large lemon, washed and sliced into ¼ inch thick rings
For the Sauce:
- 1½ cups ketchup
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place the steaks in a 9×13 inch casserole dish and sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Sprinkle the minced garlic over the steaks.
- Layer the sliced onions, peppers and lemons over the steaks.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Slather the sauce over everything. Cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 hour then remove the foil, increase the temperature to 375 degrees and bake for another 30 minutes until the edges of some of the vegetables are just starting to brown.
We always want to know what you think about our great recipes… so please share this recipe with your friends and family on all your social media platforms along with your thoughts on the dish! Remember to tag us @mealfit #mealfit
If you want other great recipes just like this one… Click here to sign up for the MealFit Blog!