Check out this awesome healthy twist on traditional bar food.
We know you will love these flavor packed wings, covered in a mild buffalo sauce, and paired with tasty tots. This is perfect for your next game night or a casual meal with family. You can never go wrong with wings and tater tots. This meal is sure to impress any crowd!
- 4 lb/ chicken wings
- 2 tbsp baking powder 1 ½ Cup (NOT BAKING SODA / BI-CARB SODA!!)
- ¾ tsp salt (Less than a ¼ Cups)
- ¼ tsp garlic powder (3 tsp)
- Oil spray
- use a paper towel to pat the wings dry.
- Preheat oven to 250F
- Line a baking tray with foil, Spray the foil with oil spray.
- Place wings in a large bowl or in a ziplock bag. Add the baking powder and salt, then toss to coat evenly.
- Place the wings on the baking tray in a single layer with the skin side up. They should just fit snugly. They will shrink when they cook because the fat renders out so don’t worry if they look too snug.
- Place wings on the lower middle oven rack and bake for 20 minutes.
- Move wings up to the upper middle rack and increase the oven temperature to 425. Bake for 30 minutes, rotating the tray halfway through.
- Remove baking tray from the oven and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Toss wings in sauce
Mild Buffalo Sauce
- 1⁄3 cup Grass Fed butter
- 1⁄4 cup frank’s hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a pan over low heat, melt the butter. You can allow it to brown slightly if you like, it’s up to you (slightly browning it gives it a nice flavor), but be careful that it doesn’t brown too much or burn.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk together well.
- Simmer for only 3-5 minutes, whisking occasionally
Cauliflower Tater Tots
- 2 c. cauliflower florets
- 1 large egg
- ½ onion, mince in a food processor
- 1 bell pepper, minced in a food processor
- ½ c. shredded cheddar cheese,
- ¼ c. Parmesan cheese
- ¼ c. ground pork rinds
- ¼ c. minced cilantro (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cooking spray or oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a nonstick cookie sheet with cooking spray or lightly grease with oil. Set aside.
- Boil cauliflower in hot water for 3-5 minutes or until nice and soft, drain and chop with a knife or blend in the food processor (just a few seconds).
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon about 1 tbsp. of mixture in your hands and roll into small oval shaped tots.
- Place on the cookie sheet ½ inch apart and bake for about 20 minutes, turning halfway through cooking until golden.
Let us know when you try this recipe for yourself and how much you love it! Remember to post pictures of your dish on social medial and tag us @mealfit and #mealfit
Click here to sign up for the MealFit Blog! This will be the best decision you make all day, trust us!