Side dishes are always the thing, in my opinion that can take a meal from good to great. Side dishes can also take the dish from healthy to un-healthy in the blink of an eye.
The trick is to make that healthy side dish taste as good or better than the un-healthy one. That is what we try to do. Take healthy dishes and make them taste amazing. We love sweet potatoes. I get them from a farmer in McMinnville Tennessee about 45 min from where I live in Cookeville.
I also love purple onions and goat cheese. So, why not take all the things I love and see what we come up with.
Here you go, I hope you enjoy.
• 1 ½ Large Sweet potatoes cut in thin slices
• Salt and pepper to taste.
• 2 large Purple / Red Onions
• 3 oz Goat Cheese
• 3 tbsp of Heavy Cream
• 3 tbsp Butter
• Preheat the oven to 375.
• Dice the onions, season with salt and pepper and sauté in some olive oil. About 3-4 min
• Warm a pan with the goat cheese and heavy cream and mix until combined. The mixture should be thick. DO NOT BURN
• Peel and Slice the Sweet potatoes thin and layer them on the bottom of a casserole dish.
• Season this layer of the potatoes with Salt and pepper.
• Place 2 small pats of butter on the potatoes
• A thin layer of the cooked onions
• Then drizzle some of the goat cheese mixture on top.
• Another layer of potatoes with salt and pepper
• 2 pats of butter
• thin layer of onions
• goat cheese mixture
• Top with a layer of the potatoes and salt and pepper.
• COVE WITH FOIL and bake about 20 min,
• Take off foil and bake another 5 -7 min.
I would love to see your version of this. Please post on you social media and tag me on the post.
One more thing…It’s always cool to be the 1st to get anything. Subscribe to our Blog and get this stuff before everyone else