Today we are going to make Zucchini Noodles.
Our family loves these and all of the people that do MealFit READY love it as well. These days the hot thing seems to be “Low Carb” in the Fitness Community. There have been countless articles talking about the weight loss benefits of Low Carb over a Low Fat Diet.
From a health standpoint the Zucchini noodles are better because a traditional serving of Noodles ranks on the glycemic scale of 58/100.
Where Zucchini Noodles on the other hand have a ranking of 15/100.
This is a case where the lower the score is better.
Place in the Benriner with the medium blade inserted and make your noodles.
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 yellow onions, spiraled
• 4 small zucchini, spiraled
• 1 can of Diced Tomatoes
• 1 small Can of Olives
• 1 tsp Garlic Salt
• Slice the ends off he zucchini and cut in half
• Place in the Benriner with the medium blade inserted and make your noodles.
• Do the same for the onions.
• Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
• Add onions and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until translucent and tender.
• Add Tomatoes and olives and get hot, 2 min.
• Stir in zucchini and garlic salt and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes.
• Remove from heat and serve with your favorite Main Course.
QUESTION: What type of noodle alternative do you like?
(Tell me your answer in the comments below)