We find ourselves looking for the best recipes, and canning techniques in the summertime . Here we have put together a recipe for you and your family to use with your garden cucumbers. This recipe allows for an easy way to make dill pickles, while using your own pickling spice blend, and it’s so easy that we like to call them the refrigerator pickles. =)
They are easy, cheap, and these pickles taste great. Check out the below recipe on how to make homemade canned crisp dill pickles.
- 4 cups water
- 1 ½ cups White Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic cloves
- 2 shakes pre jar (or to your preference)
- Fresh dill
- Start by cutting the cucumbers to your preference- into chips, Sandwich slices or keep them whole. We did all 3!!!!
2. Add the water and vinegar to a saucepan over high heat and bring to boil.
3. Add the sea salt.
4. Remove from heat and let cool. May want to put in the freezer or fridge to cool quicker.
5. Add the fresh dill into a large wide mouth mason jar.
6. Add the pickles in chips or slices or whole and cram as many as you can fit in the jar.
7. Next add the whole garlic to the jar. (if you are doing garlic) We did some with and some without
8. Add the pepper to the jar.
9. Once the vinegar and water has cooled completely- dump it over the cucumbers in the jar.
10. Seal the jar with a very tight lid and shake to mix all the ingredients together.
Pop in the fridge for 24-72 hours and you are done.
Check Out our Social Media below.