Get ready because these wings are about to blow your taste buds with flavor. You don’t believe me? You have heard it before? Well, you never have had things wings. The best flavor and everything we love about finger lickin’ good sauces and wings. We got honey, we got smoked, we got lemon, we got lime, and we GOT CHICKEN WINGS.
It’s always a right time for chicken wings, and today is National Chicken Wing Day! Summertime is here, and it’s the perfect time and weekend to cook this simple chicken wing recipe. Oh, and did I mention it’s also a healthy chicken wing recipe? This recipe has it all, and I will walk you thru each step of this DIY wing sauce with awesome pics.
Make your grocery list now, and get on it.
Essential Oil Smoked Honey Lemon Lime Chicken Wings
Zest of 2 limes
1 lime, juiced
2–3 drops Lemongrass essential oil (Buy this here by clicking the Link)
¼ cup honey
4 cloves of garlic; smashed, skins removed
2 tablespoons soy sauce
¼ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
4 pounds (about 24) chicken wings; washed and patted dry
- Combine lime zest, lime juice, Ameo Lemongrass essential oil, honey, garlic, soy sauce, and Tabasco sauce in a large bowl.
- Add chicken wings and toss to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate, stirring occasionally, for at least 3 and up to 8 hours.
- SMOKER METHOD: Set Temp in the smoker to 245 and let smoke for 1 hour.
- You can flip them at 30 min. If you flip them let them go a total of 70 min.
- OVEN METHOD: Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil, then place racks on baking sheets.
- Remove wings from marinade and place on racks, reserving marinade. Brush wings with marinade and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Baste both sides with reserved marinade. Return to oven and roast until cooked through (20 to 25 minutes).
Happy National Chicken Wing Day!