Here is a recipe that will be a fast favorite at your house. This is a super simple crockpot recipe that will save you tons of time and is packed with flavor.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and grated
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tsp of Butter or Coconut oil
- 1 small pkg of White mushrooms
- 1 Clove of garlic
- 2 Bell peppers seeded and diced
- 1 Zucchini Diced
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- 1 tbsp Sliced Fresh basil
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Wrap each piece of chicken in 2 pieces of bacon and place in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Mix grated apple and barbecue sauce and pour over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until completely cooked. Can also cook on high for 2-3 hours.
- Wrap 2 bacon slices around each chicken breast and place in the bottom of a slow cooker. Top with tomato mixture.
- Turn crockpot on low and cook 6-8 hours.
- Heat a large Skillet and add the oil or butter when hot
- Add mushrooms and Garlic and stir until soft, (about 5-6 min)
- Add pepper and zucchini and cook until veggies are slightly soft.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice, basil, salt and pepper. Toss and serve.
Please let us know how much you love this dish by sharing your photos on social media… Don’t forget to tag us #mealfit @mealfit
Click Here to subscribe to the MealFit blog to get other great recipes just like this one!