South American Ridiculous Beef with Hot Slaw. Both are amazing. I have requests by friends of mine when we have get togethers for me to make both of these.
You must try this at home. Let me know how this turns out for you guys.
Prep Time: 20 min
• 2 lbs. skirt steak, sliced thin (or sirloin steak)
• 1 lb. bacon
• 3 large onions
• ¼ c. water
• 3 bell peppers sliced (mix of colors)
• 1 jalapeno (optional)
• 10 oz. chorizo
• 1 ½ tsp. salt
• 1 ½ tsp. Tony Chachere’s seasoning
• ¼ c. lime juice
• ¼ c. water
• 1 tsp. salt
• Cilantro (optional)
• 8 slices of bacon
• 2 bags of coleslaw mix
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1 tsp. butter or coconut oil
• Marinate the steak. (Overnight is best)
• Preheat oven to 250.
• Heat a skillet to medium high, brown steak and place in an oven-safe dish.
• Reduce the skillet heat to medium/medium low and cook the bacon. Reserve the bacon grease in a bowl and place the bacon in the same dish as steak.
• Raise the skillet heat to medium high and add back 3 tablespoons of bacon fat and sauté the onions, chorizo and peppers to skillet and cook together until the peppers are tender.
• Add the mixture to the meat dish and add the salt and Tony’s.
• Thoroughly mix the ingredients and allow it to sit in the oven COVERED for one hour on 250. (if you let it go longer it is fine. Cover with tin foil if your dish does not have a lid.
• Fry the bacon and set aside.
• While the bacon grease is still hot, toss in the slaw and mix until wilted.
• Add the salt about half way through.
• Add the extra coconut oil if needed.
Post your questions or comments below. Have a nice weekend.