Chocolate is perhaps the thing that people crave the most, and we all know what it’s like to have a sweet tooth. What if you could have a healthy snack that gives you energy, and satisfies your sweet cravings? This is a great snack for kids where you as a parent control the ingredients. If you don’t have children, make them for yourself. These Chocolate Energy Bites are great snacks, and this dessert recipe is easy for you to make.
Hope you enjoy.
Dark Chocolate and Cherry Energy Bites
- 1 cup almonds
- ⅔ cups dried cherries (I like dried tart cherries)
- ⅔ cup dates
- pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of your food processor and blend until the nuts are well chopped and a thick “dough” starts to form, about 3-5 minutes of processing. If the ingredients are chopped into super small pieces but the dough isn’t coming together, try adding a teaspoon of water at a time (up to a tablespoon or two) to encourage everything to come together.
2. When the ingredients are well incorporated, remove the blade from the food processor. Take 1 large tablespoon of the “dough” and roll it into a ball in between your hands. Repeat with remaining dough.
3. Drizzle the top of each ball with melted dark chocolate. I keep the balls in the fridge for up to a month or in the freezer much longer.