A few weeks ago, we posted a great recipe for a quick Shrimp Scampi. This recipe featured zucchini noodles in place of the typical pasta. Today, I am going to teach you how to make Zucchini Noodles, if you never have before. Its a simple recipe with tons of freedom for customization that is sure to become a staple in your household. Our family loves these, as do all of the people that order MealFit READY.
These days, the hot thing seems to be “Low Carb” in the Fitness Community. There have been countless articles talking about the weight loss benefits of Low Carb over a Low Fat Diet.
From a health standpoint, the Zucchini noodles are better because a traditional serving of noodles ranks on the glycemic scale of 58/100 while Zucchini Noodles, on the other hand, have a ranking of 15/100. This is a case where the lower the score is better.
To make this dish you are going to need a few tools:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 yellow onions, spiralized
- 4 small zucchini, spiralized
- 1 can of Diced Tomatoes
- 1 small Can of Olives
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- Slice the ends off he zucchini and cut in half
- Place in the Benriner with the medium blade inserted and make your noodles.
- Do the same for the onions.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add Tomatoes and olives and get hot, 2 min.
- Add onions and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until translucent and tender.
- Stir in zucchini and garlic salt and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with your favorite Main Course.
We hope you enjoyed this simple recipe to help lower your carb intake. What type of noodle alternative do you like? Let us know in the comments below!
Follow us for more delicious recipes like this one at: