Summer is the best time of year for outdoor get-togethers and BBQS. The 4th of July is only a few days away, so I thought I would share with you my favorite easy BBQ recipe.
Everyone knows that crockpot meals are awesome for simplicity, and this recipe is no different. Stick the ribs in the slow cooker, pour in some water, and its good to go. You will be amazed by how tasty and tender these ribs are. The 7 layer salad is the perfect side for this dish, and it is super simple to make.
This recipe is perfect for any outdoor party or BBQ, and its sure to be a hit!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. garlic Salt
- ½ Tbsp. pepper
- 3 lbs. baby back ribs
- ½ C Ketchup
- ¼ C Worcestershire Sauce
7 Layer salad
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, shredded or sliced
- 16oz bag of small sweet peas, frozen
- ½ purple onion, diced
- 3 hardboiled eggs, chopped
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and cut into pieces.
- ½ c. Cheddar Cheese
- ½ c. mayonnaise (Combine the rest to make the dressing)
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp Garlic Salt
- ½ tsp salt
- Combine brown sugar, paprika, salt, garlic salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Rub the mixture over the meaty side of the ribs
- Place ribs in slow cooker standing them upright with the meaty side against the wall of the cooker.
- Pour in ½ C of Water
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours until tender
- Remove ribs and allow to sit for 15 minutes (cover with foil)
- Combine juice from the Crock Pot with the ketchup and Worcestershire sauce in a blender and spin till combined.
- Use this as your BBQ sauce.
- Cut ribs apart
- Layer each of the following into dish in the following order: 1/2 of the lettuce, peas, onion, egg, bacon, remaining lettuce, mayonnaise dressing, and top with cheddar cheese
- Wrap really well with plastic wrap; refrigerate for 24 hours. Refrigeration for 24 hours is not necessary, but it helps.
Per Serving | Calories: 778 | Fat: 55g | Carbs: 27g | Protein: 40g
Let us know in the comments below if you try this recipe!