Prime rib is a universally loved meal. It is great for date nights, birthdays, and any other special occasion. The thing about Prime Rib, is that most people don’t want to cook it at home. They stick to enjoying it at nice restaurants, and stay away from conquering it in their own kitchen.
People typically get scared of such an expensive piece of meat, and aren’t sure what to do with it. Today, we are going to fix that problem! This prime rib recipe is simple, not scary at all, and extremely delicious. Best of all, you can make it right at home, and your family will LOVE it!
1 cup butter, softened
7 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons Mealfit Original Seasoning
5-7 pounds boneless ribeye roast, trimmed
- Preheat oven to 500°F
- Mix together the butter, garlic, Mealfit Seasoning. Mix in a bowl until evenly combined.
- Rub the butter all over the rib roast, then place on a roasting tray with a rack.
- Bake for 5 minutes per pound of meat — so a 5-pound roast would bake for 25 minutes and a 7-pound roast would bake for 35 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the rib roast sit in the oven for 2 hours, making sure you do not open the oven door or else the residual heat will escape.
- Once the 2 hours are up, remove the roast from the pan.
- Carve the prime rib into ¾-inch slices
Let us know in the comments below if you try this recipe!