One of the things we like to do as a family is gather at someone’s house and workout together while the kids play. Afterwards, we usually head upstairs and eat dinner together. We do this 1-3 nights a week in the summer and 1 night a week during the school year.
One of our friends took his family to the beach and went Deep Sea Fishing for a half day, where he caught some red snapper in the Gulf of Mexico.
It was beautiful. We do not get a ton of fresh Gulf fish here in Tennessee. Everyone loves fish tacos, so we wanted to take advantage of what we had, and this is what we came up with. This recipe features the BEST Lime Taco Sauce ever. Seriously guys, you will love this stuff so much you’ll want to drink it.
Hope you enjoy!
Items you will need.
- 2 lbs snapper fillets
- 1 tsp Mealfit Seasoning
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1- 10 Oz bag of coleslaw (dry)
- 1 avocado diced
- cilantro for decoration
For lime crema
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- juice and zest of 1 lime(Use a Zester)
- 1/8 tsp Mealfit Seasoning
- warmed tortillas for serving
- Season fish on both sides with Mealfit Seasoning. In a small bowl, combine paprika, garlic powder and cumin. Sprinkle over fish on both sides.
- Spray your grill with Pam or coat with olive oil. Get the temperature real hot: 500 Degrees or more.
- Grill skin side down for about 2 ½ minutes. Take a long, flat Grill Spatula and run the spatula under the meat but leave the skin on the grill. (The skin will come off real easy. Flip and cook until fish flakes easily with fork and is just ever-so-slightly translucent, about 3 minutes. It will finish cooking with the residual heat).
- To make crema, whisk all ingredients together and season to taste with Mealfit Seasoning.
- Serve fish in warmed tortillas with coleslaw, Diced Avocado and and a drizzle of crema.
Let us know in the comments below if you try this recipe!