This is a busy mom’s best friend. Make 2 – 3 of these and freeze them, or make one on the weekend for the week and it makes breakfast a breeze in the morning!
Serves: 4 – 6
- 6 Sausage Patties
- 1 Sweet Potato
- Olive Oil for drizzle
- 2 pinches of mealfit Anything Goes Seasoning
- 6 Eggs
- ½ cup Heavy Cream or Milk
- 1 ½ cup Cheddar Cheese (divided)
- Cooking Spray
- Set your oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray your sheet pan with cooking spray and place the sausage patties on one side of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While the sausage is is in the oven, take a mandoline and slice your sweet potatoes very thin.
- Put the sweet potato slices in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Then season with one pinch of Mealfit Anything Goes Seasoning and toss to coat the slices.
- Crack 6 eggs into a bowl and pour in ½ cup of heavy cream (or milk).
- Add the other pinch of Mealfit Anything Goes Seasoning.
- Beat the eggs, cream, and seasoning well.
- Add the 1 cup of cheddar cheese and whisk again.
- When the timer goes off, add the sweet potato slices to the other half of the sheet pan and put it back in the over for 5 minutes.
- While it’s cooking, spray a 9″ x 11″ baking dish or disposable half pan with cooking spray.
- Take out the sausage, place in the dish or pan, and mash with a fork.
- Place half of the sweet potatoes on top of the sausage, pour in your egg mixture, and shake the pan a little to settle it.
- Place the other sweet potatoes on top, then layer the other ½ cup of cheddar cheese on top.
- Cover in foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, take it out, remove the foil and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!!
You can also get this breakfast casserole at Mealfit in Cookeville, TN – so come by and pick one up!