This is one of the easiest and most complimented side dishes we do. People just love it! I have this one Pharma Rep that wants it every time I do a catered lunch for him.
• 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
• 1/4 c. pure maple syrup
• 3/4 tbsp. coconut oil, melted (may need more)
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• 3/4 tsp salt
• black pepper, to taste
• Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with heavy-duty foil and set aside.
• In a large bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, coconut oil, cinnamon, and salt. Add the cubed squash and toss until evenly coated.
• Spread out the squash on prepared baking sheet into a single layer. Sprinkle with pepper, if desired.
• Roast squash for 25 minutes. Use a metal spatula to carefully flip cubes over; roast for 15 to 20 minutes more (checking frequently) or until squash is tender with golden edges. Serve immediately.
You can also watch our recipe video HERE and prepare this dish alongside Thomas.