This was Stupid Easy!
Literally took less than 20 min. Both of my kids, (4 Years old and 2 years old) ate 2 servings of both the Pork Chops and the Apples and Onions.
So, here it is. Enjoy!
Cinnamon Apple Pork Chops
• 4 Boneless Pork Chops
• 2 Apples
• 1 Small Onion
• ¼ cup White Wine (cooking wine is fine)
• 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil, divided
• Cinnamon, to taste
• Salt, to taste
• Black Pepper, to taste
1. Season with cinnamon, salt, and pepper on both sides of the pork chops. Rub the seasoning into the pork chops. Set aside.
2. Cut the apple in half and then thinly slice it 9 (TAKE OUT THE CORE)
3. Thinly slice the onions as well.
4. Heat 2 Tbsp of the coconut oil in a large skillet over Medium heat and add the apples and onions. Saute for 5 minutes or until the apples are tender but still a little crisp.
5. Remove the apples and onions from the pan and set aside.
6. Add the last tbsp of coconut oil to the skillet.
7. Place the pork chops in the skillet and do not move. Sear the chops for about 2 minutes on each side.
8. Add the wine to the pan and just bring the wine to a boil and cook 2-3 min.
9. Add the apple and Onion mixture back to the pan, cover and cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes (depending on the thickness of your pork chops, it might need more or less time).
10. Serve the pork chops with the apple/onion mixture piled on top
This is a Super easy dish that has a great balance of all 3 essentials (Fat, Protein, Carbs)
It was so easy to prep, my wife did it.
Hope you enjoy!
FAST Chicken & Broccoli
• 2 heads Broccoli, cut into florets
• 1 large Sweet Potato, peeled and cut into bite-size cubes
• 6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
• ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1-1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
• ½ tsp Oregano
• Sea Salt, to taste
• Black Pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Place chicken, broccolli, and sweet potato cubes in a 9×13 glas baking dish.
3. Drizzle olive oil over them and stir to evenly coat.
4. Spread out the chicken evenly in the dish and spread the veggies around and on top of the chicken evenly.
5. Sprinkle the garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper on top.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, uncovered.
7. Take out the chicken and let it rest a few minutes before serving to keep the juices inside.
Kids loved it and all our guests did too. The only thing i would do different is add more sweet potatoes next time.
This is a question we did through Project Mayhem that we decide to post for all the MealFit folks that do CrossFit. Jackie (my wife) has some good tips.
Whats the brief Difference in the Zone Diet and the Paleo Diet? & What has MealFit done to make both groups happy? Thomas Cox answers these things in a quick explanation.
MealFit has Created a Paleo/Zone Plan for those that want to go the extra step in their fitness.
4 Block Meals that are strict Paleo.
We have had multiple people ask questions along the lines of eating healthy on a budget, so we figured we would put up some off the cuff suggestions from Thomas Cox, of http://mealfit.co
If you have anymore questions let us know.
I hear this statement all the time:
“It’s so hard to feed a large group and eat healthy”
In this post we cover 3 Easy way to feed a large group of people in a healthy way.
Hope you enjoy.
We visited the Cookeville Farmers Market and learned about how to get truly organic vegetables that are locally grown through local CSA’s (Community Supported Agriculture).
Great way to get Fresh vegetables on a weekly basis and support your Local Community.
I get this question all the time: “What do you eat for breakfast?”
Over the years I have done everything from smoothies, to leftovers from the night before, to bacon and eggs. Here recently, I have made a switch in my eating and decided to up my fat intake to rely more on fat as an energy source instead of carbs.
So in the morning I have been drinking Unscared Coffee, named after Brian MacKenzie, Founder of CrossFIt Endurance and 3FU3L. It will take some getting use to but once you try it a few times I think you will enjoy it. Below are the ingredients.
16 oz of black coffee (the higher quality coffee, the better)
2 tbsp. coconut oil
2 tbsp. organic butter.
2 scoops of 3FU3L
Put it in a blender bottle and drink it up.
What it does for me is gives me a clean, sustained, energy with protein that keeps me from getting hungry late into the morning.
Some of you will say: “I don’t like coffee!”
My answer: “Me either.”
The fat from the oil and the butter kills some of the coffee taste that so many people dislike and the 3FU3L gives it a good clean flavor that is not too strong.
Give it a shot; I think you will like it.
More info on 3Fu3l and where to get it here: http://3fu3l.com/
I wanted to pass this along today – I came across this as I was studying. Remember today where your strength comes from!
29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. 30 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; 31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
Many people have been asking what are some of the things we are adding to MealFit. We are excited to announce that we are now including ZONE measurements to MealFit.
The ZONE diet is one of the most popular health and wellness diets right now, and MealFit is providing measurements for all MealFit meals to help you continue to follow your ZONE plan, while eating better and cheaper! Forget the costly ZONE meals or the frozen meal plates that taste terrible. With MealFit, you can continue to lose weight according to your ZONE plan – except you will do it eating amazing MealFit meals.
We hope this new extension of the benefits of MealFit will be exciting to many of you!